The EPS Excellent Paper Award, in general, shall be awarded to one nominated paper annually. The editor-in-chief and the presidents of the following five supporting societies shall award the winning paper:
- The Society of Geomagnetism and Earth, Planetary and Space Sciences
- The Seismological Society of Japan
- The Volcanological Society of Japan
- The Geodetic Society of Japan
- The Japanese Society for Planetary Sciences
The winning paper must be published in EPS over the last five calendar years. The “EPS Excellent Paper Award Committee,” which is composed of the members of the EPS editorial board, shall nominate the award.
Now the nominations for the 2019 EPS Excellent Paper Award is open until November 30, 2019.
The paper must have been published in EPS over the previous five calendar years (2014-2018 for 2019 EPS Excellent Paper Award). The award will be granted to a nominated paper selected by the EPS Excellent Paper Award Committee, which comprises members of the EPS editorial board. Please visit the nomination page for details.